A Limited-Edition black tea with an aroma that’s pure Christmas.
What is black tea?
After water, black tea is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Black tea is a drink made from the oxidised leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. First discovered in China, tea is now grown in several tropical regions across the world. Brewdolph is a blend of two premium black teas: Ceylon (Sri Lankan) and Yunnan.
What is Ceylon black tea?
Ceylon tea is tea cultivated on the island of Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon. Offering a variety of flavour and colour due to the range of altitudes that it is grown on, Ceylon tea is known for its versatility. Ceylon tea is traditionally used in English breakfast tea blends as it has the strength desired to accompany a full English breakfast.
What is Chinese Yunnan black tea?
Yunnan tea is grown in China’s Yunnan province, a region geographically close to India. Renowned for its premium quality, Yunnan tea is also known as Dianhong (‘Dian’ meaning Yunnan and ‘hong’ meaning red, after the colour of the brewed tea). Yunnan tea is full bodied with a sweetness that enables it to blend well with other black teas.
What are the benefits of black tea?
Aside from being the perfect drink to be consumed in just about any situation you could think of, a simple cup of black tea can also have some amazing health benefits:
- Heart health – animal studies have shown that an antioxidant present in black tea called theaflavin can help reduce cholesterol, thereby supporting your heart health.
- Blood sugar – theaflavin also helps to lower blood sugar levels, good news for those at risk of diabetes.
- Gut health – black tea has antimicrobial properties that can help improve your gut health, thereby strengthening your immune system.
- Anti-cancer properties – the polyphenols contained in black tea are thought to reduce the risk of developing cancer as they can have an inhibiting effect on cancerous cells.
- Energy boosting – black tea also contains an amino acid called L-theanine. L-theanine has been proven to help focus as it facilitates alpha activity within the brain. It is one of the main reasons as to why it is often reported that tea gives a more stable boost of energy in comparison to coffee.
Are there any side effects of black tea?
Black tea naturally contains the stimulant caffeine. Excessive consumption (more than 4-5 cups per day) may result in symptoms including jitteriness, headache, difficulty in sleeping or an irregular heartbeat. If you think you may be sensitive to caffeine, or if you are pregnant, we recommend that you consult your healthcare professional about the quantity of black tea you should consume.
What does Brewdolph taste like?
Brewdolph is an aromatic Sri Lankan black tea blend with hints of cinnamon. This blend can be enjoyed with or without milk and is the perfect accompaniment to a slice of Christmas cake.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Brewdolph tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Infuse in boiling water for 3-5 minutes depending on desired strength. Serve with or without milk.
Sri Lankan Black Tea (48%) Cinnamon, Chinese Yunnan Black Tea (15%), Cloves, Orange Peel, Lime Leaves, Pomegranate Flowers, Natural Flavouring.
No added sugar, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of black tea? View our other Twist Teas black tea blends.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Brewdolph in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.