Part of our Green Teas range Refresher Green is bursting with super ingredients to energise you at any time of the day. This whole leaf organic green tea blend lacks the bitter aftertaste caused by using smaller cut leaves. Enjoy our invigorating mix of carefully balanced herbs including Ginkgo biloba, gotu kola, Siberian ginseng, and sunflower and know that you are doing your body a favour.
Whole-leaf Sencha Green tea is the main ingredient in Refresher Green, a popular green tea variety that is super-charged with health benefits.
What is Sencha Green tea?
One of China’s favourite teas is Sencha Green tea. Sencha Green tea is made from the unprocessed, unfermented Camellia sinensis leaf, which is steamed, rolled and dried. Because it comes from the same plant as black tea, Sencha green tea naturally does contain caffeine and should be consumed in moderation by those with a sensitivity to caffeine.
What are the benefits of Sencha Green tea?
Sencha Green tea really packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Sencha Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which may provide anti-cancer benefits
- The vitamins and minerals contained within Sencha Green tea can provide a considerable boost of energy.
- Sencha Green tea is high in Vitamin C, good news for boosting your immune system.
- The properties in Sencha Green tea have been found to speed up the body’s metabolism, thereby providing fat burning benefits.
- The catechins present in Sencha Green tea can reduce the bacteria in our mouths, resulting in sweeter breath.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in Sencha Green tea may also help soothe skin conditions such as acne. It can be useful to apply cooled green tea directly to the skin for a short time (10-20 minutes) before rinsing the tea from the skin. Ensure you avoid contact with your eyes in case of irritation.
For further information on the health benefits of Sencha Green tea visit our resident nutritionist’s blog post.
What does Refresher Green taste like?
Refresher Green tea has a subtle, clean taste without the bitter aftertaste caused by using smaller cut leaves. Golden green in colour with a delicate fragrance, Refresher Green not only smells and tastes amazing, but it looks gorgeous as well.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Refresher Green tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Add cooled boiled water (80°C) and infuse for 4-5 minutes according to strength preference. At Twist Teas we recommend that you do not pour boiling water directly on to your Refresher Green tea as you risk burning the leaves and creating a bitter tasting brew.
Chinese Sencha Green Tea (73%), ginkgo biloba, gotu kola, Siberian ginseng, sunflower petals, natural flavouring.
Sugar free, gluten free, soya free, organic, vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of green tea? View our other green tea blends to see how Twist Tea takes green tea to the next level.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Refresher Green in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.