Smoothie. Simply add a teaspoon to a smoothie of your choice. It works particularly well if you’ve got a fairly bland, unsweetened, smoothie that needs something with a distinctive flavour to turn it into to a really delicious, mega-healthy treat.
Matcha latte. Now this is a really delicious, fiery drink that is great to wake yourself up on a Monday morning. Simply add one teaspoon of Tumeric Matcha to a cup, add enough hot (not boiling, 80 degrees centigrade) water, milk or milk substitute to turn it into a paste. Then add the rest of the liquid, stirring vigorously until fully combined and frothy. Now you’ve made yourself a lovely healthy pick me up!
Savoury. Sprinkle a teaspoon onto a dish that could use a bit of spice. Some of my favourites include immune-boosting carrot and ginger turmeric soup or using it to spruce up plain old chicken and rice.
Refreshing hot (or cold) brew
This will undoubtedly give a kick to your day and is incredibly simple to make. Just add a teaspoon of Peppermint Matcha to a cup, stir in a small amount of the liquid (slightly cooled boiling water, milk or milk substitute, approx. 80 degrees centigrade) and make a smooth paste. Then slowly add the rest of the liquid, stirring vigorously. At Twist Teas, we especially enjoy it cold on ice with a sprig of fresh mint.
If you are looking to change up the taste of that protein powder, add in some revitalising Peppermint Matcha and give it that uplifting minty flavour! Just make your shake as you usually would, add a teaspoon of the powder and shake away!
Blueberry porridge with a Peppermint Matcha kick start
Now for one of my favourite breakfasts, with a twist (we are called this for a reason!). Make your blueberry porridge as you usually would – oats, water, milk or milk substitute and blueberries. Then mix in around a teaspoon and a half of the Peppermint Matcha. The peppermint gives a massive kick to the flavour of the porridge and to my brain. Also works well sprinkled on granola with a dash of yoghurt or Kefir. Kickstart your day with this super-nutritious breakfast!
A warm brew. I wasn’t lying when I said it was delicious! On its own as a brew, it’s jam packed full of flavour! Simply turn the powder into a paste and then slowly add the rest of the hot water, milk or milk substitute stirring vigorously as you go. And there you have it: your triple super brew!
Mixed with porridge. You might want to alleviate that annoying brain fog in the morning, or just fancy a change. If so, add around half a teaspoon of the powder and mix it in. This tastes really delicious. Enjoy!
Make a super smoothie. Now I know I’ve said super many times, I promise, just once more. Just add around a half a teaspoon to whatever smoothie you’re making: I like a mixed berry one, and make it even more… SUPER than it already is!
Add to salad mayonnaise, yoghurt or vinaigrette salad dressing. This is a great way to add health benefits to your salads. At Twist Teas we enjoy it on beetroot and goats cheese salad and especially love Leon’s Original Vegan Mayonnaise with a matcha twist!
Sprinkle it onto your breakfast cereal. Cocoa Matcha turns your granola or morning porridge into a delicious, rich chocolatey feast. It provides you with a morning full of energy and will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
At Twist Teas, we’ve gone one step further and added it to our homemade granola mix which gives us a great start to our day.
Hot cocoa. Instead of a high calorie hot beverage, why not have a low calorie, equally delicious treat! Just make the matcha by putting a tea spoon full into a cup, adding a small amount of slightly cooled boiling water, milk or milk substitute (approx. 80 degrees centigrade) and stir into a smooth paste. Then add the rest of the liquid stirring vigorously. And there’s your fusion cocoa goodness to warm you up on a cold winter’s day.
With fruit and yoghurt. Another delicious way to enjoy our cocoa matcha is to combine it with some yoghurt, exactly as you would when making a drink. Then simply add some fruit. Now you can have healthy chocolate-dipped fruit for breakfast. The Twist Teas taste team made this delicious chocolate dip with coconut yoghurt – our healthy version of a chocolate fountain!
- As a tea, you would use one tsp of the matcha powder, add a slight amount of water to it mixing it in creating a paste. Once the paste is made add the rest of your hot water and there you have it, your green super brew!
- Due to the way it boosts brain function, having a quick shot of it before a workout would be an excellent way to boost your concentration! To do so, make a small paste like you would making the tea, then add around 100-200ml of cold water, mix it together and there you have it, a healthy pre workout drink without abundances of caffeine and other unwanted additives!
- Another quick way to get that matcha boost is to simply sprinkle it onto some of your porridge or oats in the morning. That way you’re ready for the day ahead! I like to have our Twist cocoa matcha as it gives it a nice chocolatey taste which definitely satisfies my sweet tooth.
Made with premium grade Japanese matcha leaves, our matcha contains a host of supernutrients said to help drinkers antioxidise, energise, concentrate, rejuvenate, stay calm and lose weight. Its really easy to make and best of all it tastes great!
- Water temperature should be less than boiling to maintain natural, mild sweetness and health benefits (approximately 180F/80C)
- Put a teaspoon of matcha in mug/milk jug.
- Stir vigorously/whisk in just a small amount of heated water/milk with the matcha at first – until it is a smooth paste.
- Once all of the powder is dissolved, add the rest of the water/milk – again stirring/whisking vigorously until the powder is smooth/foamy.
- Serve as is, or with a small sprinkling of matcha powder on top.