A blend of the finest Indian Assam and Kenyan black teas carefully cut to produce a strong and delicious English breakfast tea in just two minutes. Part of our caffeinated range and one of our most popular luxury black teas, Twenty Four Seven has been designed for all-day enjoyment. Think of it as your new go-to black tea blend!
TwentyFourSeven is a Great Taste Award winning tea. View our other award-winning blends.
What is black tea?
After water, black tea is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Black tea is a drink made from the oxidised leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. First discovered in China, tea is now grown in several tropical regions across the world. Twenty Four Seven is a blend of two organic black teas, Indian Assam and Kenyan black tea.
What is Indian Assam tea?
Assam tea is tea grown in the Assam region of India. Bordered by Bangladesh and Bhutan, the region has a climate ideal for tea production: cool, dry winters, and a warm, humid rainy season. Widely considered to be of a very high quality, Assam tea is often used in popular ‘everyday’ tea blends as it has a rich, full-bodied taste.
What is Kenyan black tea?
Not surprisingly this is tea grown in Kenya. First introduced to Kenya in the early twentieth century, the Camellia sinensis plant was found to thrive to the extent that Kenya now produces the third largest amount of tea after China and India. Kenyan tea is used in many blends to provide a unity of flavour.
What are the benefits of black tea?
Aside from being the perfect drink to be consumed in just about any situation you could think of, a simple cup of black tea can also have some amazing health benefits:
- Heart health – animal studies have shown that an antioxidant present in black tea called theaflavin can help reduce cholesterol, thereby supporting your heart health.
- Blood sugar – theaflavin also helps to lower blood sugar levels, good news for those at risk of diabetes.
- Gut health – black tea has antimicrobial properties that can help improve your gut health, thereby strengthening your immune system.
- Anti-cancer properties – the polyphenols contained in black tea are thought to reduce the risk of developing cancer as they can have an inhibiting effect on cancerous cells.
- Energy boosting – black tea also contains an amino acid called L-theanine. L-theanine has been proven to help focus as it facilitates alpha activity within the brain. It is one of the main reasons as to why it is often reported that tea gives a more stable boost of energy in comparison to coffee.
Are there any side effects of black tea?
Black tea naturally contains the stimulant caffeine. Excessive consumption (more than 4-5 cups per day) may result in symptoms including jitteriness, headache, difficulty in sleeping or an irregular heartbeat. If you think you may be sensitive to caffeine, or if you are pregnant, we recommend that you consult your healthcare professional about the quantity of black tea you should consume.
What does Twenty Four Seven taste like?
Twenty Four Seven has a robust, full-bodied flavour and has been created for all-day enjoyment. Delicious with or without milk, the organic tea leaves in this blend have been carefully cut to ensure a strong, invigorating tea in just two minutes.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Twenty Four Seven tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Add boiling water and infuse for 2 minutes. Serve with or without milk.
Indian Assam Black Tea, Kenyan Black Tea.
Sugar free, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Twenty Four Seven in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.