Passionfruit & Rose tea is part of our Cold Brew range, a selection of innovative blends of the finest whole leaf teas, fruits and herbs that have been carefully created to taste as great brewed cold as they do hot. Perfect for enjoying during the warm summer months, our cold brew blends differ from traditional iced tea as they have no added sugar or artificial sweeteners. Discover more about our Cold Brew blends in our blog post.
What is Chinese white tea?
The main ingredient in Passionfruit & Rose is Chinese white tea, a type of tea made from the Camellia Sinesis plant, that is typically less processed than black or green teas. Harvested once a year in early spring, the youngest, sweetest tea leaves are selected and immediately dried to limit oxidisation. Although known as called white tea, it brews to a pale-yellow colour and is subtle in taste.
What are the benefits of white tea?
Like green tea, white tea is high in antioxidants. It is believed to have the highest content of phenolic compounds out of all tea types.
- White tea can help improve brain function due to the high levels of L-theanine present in the leaves. L-theanine and caffeine work together to reduce stress and improve concentration.
- White tea is generally high in antioxidants, which help stabilise harmful free radicals and prevent or slow damage to cells. This is important when considering that antioxidants may help prevent or slow the onset of cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, diabetes mellitus and some types of cancer.
- One group of antioxidants found in white tea, catechins, also provide several health benefits. Of these catechins, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), is highest in quantity. It seems that EGCG has can help reduce inflammation. EGCG has also been shown to have an ‘anti-cancer effect’ by slowing tumour growth.
- White tea, with its high catechin content, may help to boost our metabolism. Combined with exercise, it is believed that white tea has the potential to assist with weight loss.
- White tea may be better for our teeth as it contains less tannins, therefore reducing staining to teeth.
Are there any side effects of white tea?
White tea naturally contains the stimulant caffeine. Excessive consumption (more than 4-5 cups per day) may result in symptoms including jitteriness, headache, difficulty in sleeping or an irregular heartbeat. If you think you may be sensitive to caffeine, or if you are pregnant, we recommend that you consult your healthcare professional about the quantity of white tea you should consume.
What is Hibiscus tea?
Hibiscus tea is a herbal infusion from the dried calyx (or sepals) of the roselle flower (Hibiscus sabdariffa). Sweet in flavour, with hints of cranberry, hibiscus tea is high in Vitamin C, and studies have shown that it can help to reduce blood pressure.
What does Passionfruit & Rose taste like?
Pale pink in colour, Passionfruit & Rose tea is delicate in flavour with a hint of tropical passionfruit. It is a refreshing brew that is amazing served cold and is perfect for those hot summer days.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Passionfruit & Rose tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Our Passionfruit & Rose blend is a Great Taste Award winning tea. View our other award-winning blends.
To serve hot: Add boiling water, infuse for 3-5 minutes and serve without milk.
To serve cold: Simply add cold water. Brew for 3 minutes or longer, to taste. Store in a refrigerator. We recommend using our in-filter Cold Brew bottle sets for ease of storage and serving.
Chinese White Tea, Apple Pieces, Rosehip, Hibiscus, Orange Peel, Freeze-dried Passionfruit (5%), Elderflower, Orange Blossom, Rose Petals, Natural Flavouring.
No added sugar, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of Cold Brew tea? View our other Cold Brew blends.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Passionfruit & Rose in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.