Part of our Rooibos collection, Gingerbread Man tea is an evocative mix of ginger and spices and has all the great taste of gingerbread but without any of the added sugar. Better yet it is bursting with super ingredients including rooibos and ginger, to invigorate you at any time of the day.
What is rooibos?
Pronounced ‘Roy-Boss’, rooibos is a herbal tea that is naturally caffeine-free and bursting with antioxidants. This rich, nutty brew with a dark copper hue is also low in tannins, a chemical often present in less premium black tea and green tea that can cause a bitter flavour and interfere with iron absorption.
The Rooibos (red bush) plant is only grown in one place, the Cederberg region near Cape Town, South Africa. If we could grow rooibos in the UK, we would! The leaves and stems are taken from the flowering shrub and crushed before leaving to ferment and dry in the sun, a process that has remained virtually unchanged for 300 years. The distinct red colour is derived from this fermentation process.
What are the benefits of rooibos?
Rooibos really packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free and, with its full-bodied taste, is a perfect substitution for black tea.
- Rooibos is low in tannins, a chemical that can interfere with iron absorption.
- Rooibos is packed full of antioxidants, which may provide anti-cancer benefits.
- One antioxidant, aspalathin, present in rooibos may help balance blood sugar levels, good news for those at risk of Diabetes.
- The high amounts of flavanol in rooibos may help keep our hearts healthy due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Preliminary studies suggest that rooibos may help slow the speed of decline in bone density.
What are the benefits of ginger?
Gingerbread Man tea also contains a high percentage of ginger (22%), a spice that is known for the following health benefits:
- Ginger can help ease nausea and aid digestion. Some women find ginger helpful as a remedy for morning sickness.
- Ginger is high in antioxidants, which may provide anti-cancer benefits.
- Ginger may offer pain relief, particularly in terms of headaches and migraines.
- Ginger contains phytonutrients called Gingerols, which can have an anti-inflammatory effect.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Gingerbread Man tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Infuse in boiling water for 3-5 minutes depending on desired strength. Serve with or without milk.
Rooibos (64%), Ginger (22%), Aniseed, Red Peppercorns, Lavender, Natural Flavouring
Caffeine free, sugar free, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of rooibos? View our other Twist Tea rooibos blends.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Gingerbread Man in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.