Pronounced ‘Roy-Boss’, this rich, nutty brew with a dark copper hue is super-charged with health benefits. Pure Rooibos tea is naturally caffeine-free and bursting with antioxidants. It is also low in tannins, a chemical often present in less premium black tea and green tea that can cause a bitter flavour and interfere with iron absorption.
The Rooibos (red bush) plant is only grown in one place, the Cederberg region near Cape Town, South Africa. If we could grow rooibos in the UK, we would! The leaves and stems are taken from the flowering shrub and crushed before leaving to ferment and dry in the sun, a process that has remained virtually unchanged for 300 years. The distinct red colour is derived from this fermentation process.
What does Pure Rooibos taste like?
Pure Rooibos has a nutty, full-bodied taste without the bitter flavour present in less premium black tea and green tea. As it is naturally caffeine-free, Pure Rooibos will not keep you up at night and is an excellent choice to be enjoyed at any time of the day.
What are the benefits of rooibos?
Rooibos really packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free and, with its full-bodied taste, is a perfect substitution for black tea.
- Rooibos is low in tannins, a chemical that can interfere with iron absorption.
- Rooibos is packed full of antioxidants, which may provide anti-cancer benefits.
- One antioxidant, aspalathin, present in rooibos may help balance blood sugar levels, good news for those at risk of Diabetes.
- The high amounts of flavanol in rooibos may help keep our hearts healthy due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Preliminary studies suggest that rooibos may help slow the speed of decline in bone density.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic-free Pure Rooibos tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Our Pure Rooibos blend is a Great Taste Award winning tea. View our other award-winning blends.
Simply infuse for 3 to 5 minutes in boiling water. Serve with an optional splash of milk.
Caffeine free, sugar free, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of rooibos? View our other rooibos tea blends to see how Twist Tea takes rooibos to the next level.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Pure Rooibos in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.