Part of our mint teas range, After Eat is made from whole leaf peppermint leaves blended with cocoa shells and nibs. The tea brewed from peppermint leaves has long been used to provide relief from digestive complaints. Not only is peppermint tea soothing on the stomach, it can also freshen your breath and provide relief to blocked sinuses. Time to get the kettle on!
What does After Eat Tea taste like?
Our whole leaf peppermint tea is ever-so-slightly sweet with a smooth, subtle hint of chocolate. Reminiscent of your favourite after dinner mint but without the added sugar, After Eat not only tastes amazing, but it also has a gorgeous aroma that adds to the experience.
What are the benefits of peppermint tea?
Not only is peppermint tea soothing on the stomach after a meal, it packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Caffeine-free – peppermint is naturally caffeine-free, meaning it can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Aids digestion – peppermint tea has long been believed to help relieve digestive complaints such as upset stomach, bloating and indigestion.
- Inflammation reduction – peppermint can act as a relaxant as the compound methanol allows for easier blood transportation as it increases blood flow.This can see reductions in aches, pains and may even help things such as headaches and migraines.
- Mouth health – peppermint freshens your breath and contains antibacterial properties to help fight off germs.
- Increased focus and energy – the natural properties in peppermint have been shown to help with perceived levels of energy and increased levels of focus.
- Allergy symptoms – peppermint contains acid rosmarinic, which has been shown to be a reliever of allergic reactions associated with things such as hay fever, asthma causers and pet allergies.
- Sinuses – peppermint contains methanol, an anti-inflammatory compound, which increases the level of nasal airflow, helping you to breath more freely.
For further information on the health benefits of peppermint visit our resident nutritionist’s blog post.
Are there any side-effects to peppermint tea?
- Some people may be allergic to mint: touching the leaves can cause skin irritation, and consumption of peppermint tea may result in an itchy tongue or throat and wheezing or a cough.
- Peppermint tea can exacerbate symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), hiatus hernia and kidney stones.
If you are at risk of a mint allergy, we recommend you speak to your healthcare professional before trying Twist Teas’ After Eat tea.
What are the benefits of cocoa?
Cocoa is the dried and fermented seed of the cacao tree and is the main ingredient in chocolate. Cocoa is believed to promote cardiovascular health as the flavanols present have anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, the polyphenols present in cocoa are thought to promote cognitive function. Discover more about the health benefits of cocoa.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free After Eat tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Our After Eat blend is a Great Taste Award Winning blend. View our other award-winning blends.
Peppermint (75%) Cocoa (25%) (Cocoa shells, coca nibs).
No added sugar, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, wheat free.
Can’t get enough of peppermint? View our other peppermint tea blends to see how Twist Tea takes peppermint to the next level.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order After Eat Tea in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.