One of our most popular mint teas, Propermint is made from 100% whole leaf organic peppermint leaves. The tea brewed from peppermint leaves has long been used to provide relief from digestive complaints. Not only is peppermint tea soothing on the stomach, it can also freshen your breath and provide relief to blocked sinuses. Time to get the kettle on!
What does Propermint Tea taste like?
Golden green in colour with an invigorating aroma, our whole leaf peppermint tea is ever-so-slightly sweet and will have a cooling effect on the mouth. As it is naturally caffeine-free, Propermint Tea will not keep you up at night and is an excellent choice to be enjoyed at any time of the day.
What are the benefits of peppermint tea?
Not only is peppermint tea soothing on the stomach after a meal, it packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Caffeine-free – peppermint is naturally caffeine-free, meaning it can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Aids digestion – peppermint tea has long been believed to help relieve digestive complaints such as upset stomach, bloating and indigestion.
- Inflammation reduction – peppermint can act as a relaxant as the compound methanol allows for easier blood transportation as it increases blood flow.This can see reductions in aches, pains and may even help things such as headaches and migraines.
- Mouth health – peppermint freshens your breath and contains antibacterial properties to help fight off germs.
- Increased focus and energy – the natural properties in peppermint have been shown to help with perceived levels of energy and increased levels of focus.
- Allergy symptoms – peppermint contains acid rosmarinic, which has been shown to be a reliever of allergic reactions associated with things such as hay fever, asthma causers and pet allergies.
- Sinuses – peppermint contains methanol, an anti-inflammatory compound, which increases the level of nasal airflow, helping you to breath more freely.
Are there any side-effects to peppermint tea?
- Some people may be allergic to mint: touching the leaves can cause skin irritation, and consumption of peppermint tea may result in an itchy tongue or throat and wheezing or a cough.
- Peppermint tea can exacerbate symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), hiatus hernia and kidney stones.
If you are at risk of a mint allergy, we recommend you speak to your healthcare professional before trying Twist Teas’ Propermint tea.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Propermint tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Infuse in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
Try Propermint as a refreshing, sparkling cooler; brew in boiling water, allow to cool, add ice and top with sparkling water.
Caffeine free, organic, sugar free, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of peppermint? View our other mint tea blends to see how Twist Tea takes peppermint to the next level.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Propermint Tea in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.