This centuries-old Chinese green tea has a light tangy sweetness, with a nice well-rounded flavour and aftertaste. Chunmee is Chinese for ‘Precious Eyebrows’, due to the shape the green tea leaves take on once hand rolled.
Whole-leaf Chunmee tea is the ONLY ingredient in Chunmee Green tea, a popular green tea variety that is super-charged with health benefits.
What is Chunmee tea?
One of China’s favourite teas is Chunmee. Chunmee tea is made from the unfermented Camellia sinensis leaf, which is pan fried, rather than steamed. Because it comes from the same plant as black tea, Chunmee tea naturally does contain caffeine and should be consumed in moderation by those with a sensitivity to caffeine.
What are the benefits of Chunmee tea?
Chunmee tea really packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Chunmee tea is rich in antioxidants, which may provide anti-cancer benefits.
- The vitamins and minerals contained within Chunmee tea can provide a considerable boost of energy.
- Chunmee tea is high in Vitamin C, good news for boosting your immune system.
- The properties in Chunmee tea have been found to speed up the body’s metabolism, thereby providing fat burning benefits.
- The catechins present in Chunmee tea can reduce the bacteria in our mouths, resulting in sweeter breath.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in Chunmee tea may also help soothe skin conditions such as acne. It can be useful to apply cooled green tea directly to the skin for a short time (10-20 minutes) before rinsing the tea from the skin. Ensure you avoid contact with your eyes in case of irritation.
What does Chunmee Green taste like?
Chunmee Green tea has a light tangy sweetness, with a nice well-rounded flavour and aftertaste. Golden green in colour with a delicate fragrance, Chunmee Green smells and tastes amazing.
Blends with Benefits
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Chunmee Green tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits.
Add cooled boiled water (80°C) and infuse for 4-5 minutes according to strength preference. At Twist Teas we recommend that you do not pour boiling water directly on to your Chunmee Green tea as you risk burning the leaves and creating a bitter tasting brew.
Sugar free, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of green tea? View our other green tea blends to see how Twist Tea takes green tea to the next level.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Chunmee Green in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.