Whole-leaf Sencha Green tea is the ONLY ingredient in Sencha Green, a popular green tea variety that is super-charged with health benefits.
What is Sencha Green tea?
One of Japan’s favourite teas is Sencha Green tea. Sencha Green tea is made from the unprocessed, unfermented Camellia sinensis leaf, which is steamed, rolled and dried. Because it comes from the same plant as black tea, Sencha green tea does naturally contain caffeine and should be consumed in moderation by those with a sensitivity to caffeine.
What are the benefits of Sencha Green tea?
Sencha Green tea really packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Sencha Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which may provide anti-cancer benefits
- The vitamins and minerals contained within Sencha Green tea can provide a considerable boost of energy.
- Sencha Green tea is high in Vitamin C, good news for boosting your immune system.
- The properties in Sencha Green tea have been found to speed up the body’s metabolism, thereby providing fat burning benefits.
- The catechins present in Sencha Green tea can reduce the bacteria in our mouths, resulting in sweeter breath.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in Sencha Green tea may also help soothe skin conditions such as acne. It can be useful to apply cooled green tea directly to the skin for a short time (10-20 minutes) before rinsing the tea from the skin. Ensure you avoid contact with your eyes in case of irritation.
For further information on the health benefits of Sencha Green tea visit our resident nutritionist’s blog post.
What does Sencha Green taste like?
Sencha Green tea has a clean, slightly grassy taste, derived in part from the steaming process. Golden green in colour, our whole leaf Sencha Green has a fresh aroma and mild astringency. As with many teas, the longer you brew Sencha Green, the stronger the flavour will be.
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Sencha Green tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits. Hence our tagline: “Blends with Benefits”.
Our Sencha Green blend is a Great Taste Award winning tea. View our other award-winning blends.
Add cooled boiled water (80°C) and infuse for 4-5 minutes.
Sugar free, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of green tea? View our other green tea blends to see how Twist Tea takes green tea to the next level.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Sencha Green in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.