Cocoa-Nut Green tea is part of our Green Tea range. Japanese Sencha green tea is the main green tea ingredient in this blend, a popular variety that is super-charged with health benefits.
What is Sencha Green tea?
One of Japan’s favourite teas is Sencha Green tea. Sencha Green tea is made from the unprocessed, unfermented Camellia sinensis leaf, which is steamed, rolled and dried. Because it comes from the same plant as black tea, Sencha green tea naturally does contain caffeine and should be consumed in moderation by those with a sensitivity to caffeine.
What are the benefits of Sencha Green tea?
Sencha Green tea really packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Sencha Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which may provide anti-cancer benefits
- The vitamins and minerals contained within Sencha Green tea can provide a considerable boost of energy.
- Sencha Green tea is high in Vitamin C, good news for boosting your immune system.
- The properties in Sencha Green tea have been found to speed up the body’s metabolism, thereby providing fat burning benefits.
- The catechins present in Sencha Green tea can reduce the bacteria in our mouths, resulting in sweeter breath.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in Sencha Green tea may also help soothe skin conditions such as acne. It can be useful to apply cooled green tea directly to the skin for a short time (10-20 minutes) before rinsing the tea from the skin. Ensure you avoid contact with your eyes in case of irritation.
For further information on the health benefits of Sencha Green tea visit our resident nutritionist’s blog post.
What does Cocoa-Nut Green taste like?
Cocoa-Nut Green tea has a smooth, nutty taste with a subtle hint of chocolate. Completely lacking in any bitterness, Cocoa-Nut Green not only tastes amazing, but it also has a gorgeous aroma that adds to the experience.
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Cocoa-Nut Green tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits. Hence our tagline: “Blends with Benefits”.
Add cooled boiled water (80°C) and infuse for 3-5 minutes. To serve cold: Simply add cold water, brew for 3-5 minutes, and store in a refrigerator.
Cocoa nibs, Cocoa Shells, Dessicated Coconut, Apple Pieces, Rosehip, Japanese Sencha Green Tea, Toasted Rice, Japanese Hojicha Green Tea, Japanese Matcha Green Tea, Natural Flavouring.
Gluten free, no added sugar, soya free, vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of green tea? View our other green tea blends to see how Twist Tea takes green tea to the next level.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Cocoa-nut Green in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.