Caffeine free and with no added sugar, this blend of sweet liquorice and refreshing peppermint, creates a deliciously guilt-free Pud Without Sin.
What is a Pud Without Sin, I hear you ask? At Twist Teas our Puds Without Sin range is a collection of delicious and guilt-free pudding teas that really satisfies a sweet tooth. No caffeine, no added sugar or sweeteners, and next-to-no calories, these blends are the perfect choice for an after-dinner treat.
Liquorice is the main ingredient in Minty Allsorts tea.
What is Liquorice
Liquorice is derived from the root of the Glycyrrhiza glabra plant. Caffeine free, liquorice has been used for centuries in traditional medicine as a natural cure for maladies including sore throat and constipation. Studies have shown that liquorice contains compounds possessing antibacterial and antiviral properties. There is no sugar in liquorice, yet it is undeniably sweet. In fact, liquorice is believed to have 50 times the amount of sweetness of sugar but without the calories.
Is it ok to drink liquorice tea every day?
Studies have shown that liquorice can increase blood pressure. If you suffer from hypertension (high blood pressure), we recommend that you avoid consumption of liquorice.
What are the benefits of peppermint tea?
Peppermint tea really packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- Caffeine-free – peppermint is naturally caffeine-free, meaning it can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Aids digestion – peppermint tea has long been believed to help relieve digestive complaints such as upset stomach, bloating and indigestion.
- Inflammation reduction – peppermint can act as a relaxant as the compound methanol allows for easier blood transportation as it increases blood flow.This can see reductions in aches, pains and may even help things such as headaches and migraines.
- Mouth health – peppermint freshens your breath and contains antibacterial properties to help fight off germs.
- Increased focus and energy – the natural properties in peppermint have been shown to help with perceived levels of energy and increased levels of focus.
- Allergy symptoms – peppermint contains acid rosmarinic, which has been shown to be a reliever of allergic reactions associated with things such as hay fever, asthma causers and pet allergies.
- Sinuses – peppermint contains methanol, an anti-inflammatory compound, which increases the level of nasal airflow, helping you to breath more freely.
For further information on the health benefits of peppermint visit our resident nutritionist’s blog post.
What does Minty Allsorts taste like?
Undeniably minty, with a burst of sweet liquorice, Minty Allsorts is a refreshing post-meal pick me up. Amazing hot or cold, Minty Allsorts is a sweet treat, minus the sugar.
Every Twist Tea blend is created from the finest, ethically sourced whole-leaf ingredients. Our plastic free Minty Allsorts tea bags are hand blended in the UK and hand packed in plastic free packaging. What sets us apart from the competition are the functional herbs, botanicals and spices added to many of our blends reputed to offer health and wellbeing benefits. Hence our tagline: “Blends with Benefits”.
Infuse in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
Liquorice (70%), Peppermint (30%).
Contains Liquorice. People suffering from hypertension should avoid consumption.
Caffeine free, no added sugar, gluten free, soya free, vegetarian, wheat free, dairy free.
Packed in an environment that contains nuts.
Can’t get enough of Peppermint? View our other mint blends.
Are you a commercial customer and wish to order Minty Allsorts in bulk? Please visit our trade page for more information.